Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto
You may not be able to join us for dinner, but we can bring some of our favourite recipes to you! Let us know if you recreate this dish at home and share your pictures with us on Facebook or Instagram. We'd love to see them.
• 100g carnaroli rice
• 60ml dry white wine
• 500ml vegetable stock
• ½ medium chopped onion
• 1 clove chopped garlic
• 50g unsalted butter
• 25g grated fresh parmesan cheese
• 100g diced butternut squash (roasted)
• 1 tsp. fresh sage chopped
• 2 amaretti biscuits crushed
• Salt & pepper
1. Melt half of the butter in a heavy based pan.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the butter and sweat gently for 2 minutes with a little salt. The salt will prevent the onions from burning.
3. Add the rice and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until the rice goes transparent.
4. Add the white wine and leave to reduce stirring all the time.
5. Start adding the vegetable stock one ladle at a time, allowing the rice too absorb it each time.
6. Stir continuously while adding each ladle of stock and simmer for approx 15 minutes. The risotto should now have the look of a rice pudding consistency.
7. Add the roasted butternut squash and chopped sage and stir through.
8. Add the grated Parmesan and melt through and then remove the risotto from the heat. Add the remaining butter and seasoning.
9. Serve immediately into bowls and top with crushed Amaretti biscuits and shaved Parmesan to finish. Enjoy!
If you recreate this dish at home, we'd love to see you pictures. Tag us on Facebook and Instagram and we will reshare our favourites!