Hot Chocolate Fondant Recipe
14.10.2019 - 20.10.2019
To mark this year's chocolate week, our Head Chef, Joe Bartlett is letting us share his indulgent Hot Chocolate Fondant Recipe. The perfect sweet treat!
125g unsalted butter
1 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
125g 70% dark chocolate
60g castor sugar
3 medium eggs
3 medium egg yolks
100g plain flour, sifted
1. Preheat the oven 200⁰C. Heavily butter four dariole moulds and dust with cocoa powder to create a non stick coating
2. To make the fondants, melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. In a mixer whisk together the eggs, eggs yolks and sugar on full speed until thick, aerated and doubled in volume.
4. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over the egg mix, then fold in the sifted flour being careful not to knock the air out. Place the mix into the lined moulds, filling about three quarters full. At this stage the fondants can be placed in the fridge and stored for up to 2 days.
5. Place the fondants on a baking tray and in the oven for 8 minutes. They should have formed a crust on top but still be gooey in the middle.
6. Turn the fondants out and serve with ice cream.
Top tip - When you put the fondants into the moulds, push a chunk of your favourite chocolate bar in the centre and bake as normal.