Our Covid-Safe Procedures & FAQs
The Lake Country House Hotel and Spa is now open - including our Restaurant and Spa facilities.
Thank you once again for your continued support.
If you have any queries about the procedures in place, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Covid-Secure Operating Plan
The below plan in a working document and is likely subject to change. The plan below outlines details of how we intend to operate when all facilities are open at the hotel.
We have considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, maintaining the values of the hotel and providing the highest level of hospitality and service.
1: Pre- Arrival
2: Arrival and Check-In
3: Common Areas
4: Bedrooms and Bathrooms
5: Food And Drink
6. Spa and Leisure Facilities
8: Staff Training, Hygiene and Protection
You can book your stay online at www.lakecountryhouse.co.uk or by calling our reservations team on 01591620202.
From 17th May 2021 we are only able to accept groups of up to 6, not including children under the age of 11. This will be reviewed by the government on the 3rd of June.
• Our Covid-19 secure plan will be updated in accordance with any further government guidance.
• We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include, but are not limited to, a high temperature, a new and persistent cough, loss of taste and smell.
• We are currently taking a £50.00 non-refundable deposit per room. Should you need to cancel your reservation we will hold your deposit for up to 2 years for you to use against a future booking.
2. Arrival and Check In
• If you are displaying any symptoms of covid-19 please do not enter the hotel.
• Check in is from 3pm. Early check in and late check out are not available.
• On arrival please enter the building via the main entrance to check in, please respect others if there is a queue.
• Guests will be expected to socially distance.
• There are hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel and next to the front door. We encourage guests to sanitise before entering the hotel.
• If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, please dial 0 from the hotel phone.
• Staff will work in small teams during the day to minimise contact and protect both guests and staff. We will endeavour to deliver the great service the Lake has become known for but please bear with us if we are dealing with other guests.
3. Common Areas
Face masks are required indoors in all area's of the hotel apart from at meal times, when seated to drink, whilst swimming and using the gym.
• All high contact areas including door handles, banisters and equipment will be disinfected regularly. All hard surfaces such as tables will be disinfected after each use and a full disinfection will take place once per day
• Hand sanitiser is available around the hotel for you to use as often as you would like.
• We ask guests to use the bathroom in their room whenever possible
• Please keep a social distance of 2 metres between yourself and other guests where possible.
• Any magazines, papers or literature will be removed from common areas and bedrooms
4. Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• Every guest bedroom and En-suite will be cleaned and fully sanitised before each stay.
• Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows carpets, chairs and other furniture will be sprayed with an approved sanitising solution
• Linen, towels and robes are professionally washed.
• All printed material will be removed from the room.
• Our housekeeping team undergo a strict sanitisation process to commencing work. Staff members will clean your room prior to your arrival and once it has been sterilised the room will not be entered until your arrival.
• Turn Down Service is no longer taking place.
• If you do not wish for makeup service to be carried out, please let reception know and contact us if you require anything refreshed.
5. Food and drink
Face masks are required indoors in all areas of the hotel apart from at mealtimes, while swimming and using the gym.
• When staying with us you can dine in your room if you wish. A room charge will be added to your bill.
• Evening dining times will be agreed with you on check in or prior to arrival.
• Service times may vary.
• Social distancing guidelines will be maintained in our restaurants and public areas. Other measures such as masks (worn by staff), not facing each other and ventilation will be applied when under 2m.
• Tables will be laid up before service where possible
• Breakfast buffet will be served at the table.
• Number of people and/or households permitted will be guided by Government guidance on groups and households.
• Front of house staff who are not able to maintain social distancing will where face masks at appropriate times.
• Non-Residents are able to walk in but we request that you book where possible. In the unlikely event that we are unable to accommodate you as a non-resident we request your understanding and recommend calling in advance.
The spa is will be opening on May 24th along with the hotel and resturnat. The pool, hot tub and gym are all bookable in 30 minute timeslots between 7:30 -6:00pm each day. if you would like to book any treatments you can email the spa directly on Spa@lakecountryhouse.co.uk
The resturant is will open along with the hotel and spa on May 24th. Our dining times run from 6:30pm -8:45pm each evening. The lounge is also open between 12 noon - 5pm for light lunches and again for Afternoon Teas, Cream Teas and sandwiches.
We are able to take bookings from May 24th for non-residents, prior booking is essential.
This is no problem, however we do require prior notice for all non-residents. If you would like to book an Afternoon Tea, please note that a minimum of 24 hours notice is required. All non-residents will need to provide details for Track and Trace details.
From the 17th May we are only able to accept groups of upto 6 people, not inlcuding children under 11. This will be reviewed by the Welsh Government on June 3rd.
All vouchers that were valid in 2020 have been extended until March 31th 2121. This will ensure you have plenty of time to use them.
We require a £50.00 non-refundable deposit per room in order to confirm your booking. Should you need to cancel your booking we will hold your deposit for upto 2 years to be used aginast future bookings with us.
Our Covid-19 procedures are available to view here and will be sent to all customers booked to stay prior to arrival.
We are unable to offer any early check ins or late departures. This is to ensure our housekeeping team have the optimal time available to keep our hygiene standards at the highest rate possible.
We do require all guests to wear a face covering unless they are being seated for food and/or drinks.
There will no longer be a curfew in place when we reopen on May 24th.
Yes, we have dog friendly rooms and areas in the hotel. There is a small charge of £15 per dog per night.
Our dress code is smart casual. We ask no shorts or trainers.
Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted in our spa or dining room for evening meal. Children between the ages of 8 and 16 years are permitted to swim between 4pm and 5pm daily.
Dinner is served from 7.00pm to 9.00pm daily. We automatically reserve a table for you. We ask that you let us know if you will not be eating with us.
Check-in is from 3.00pm onwards and check-out is by 11.00am.
This is possible, but cannot be guaranteed. If the room is available before 2.00pm, we will show you to your room.
Yes, however it must be arranged during your stay and discussed with reception, as it may not be possible. There is a £50 late check-out fee.
We welcome guests all year round, but we offer some very special packages during Christmas and New Year and will be delighted to welcome you then. Please contact us for further information.
Onsite, we have a par 3; 9-hole golf course, putting green, croquet lawn, tennis court, fabulous full size snooker table and an award winning restaurant.
Please confirm any cancellations in writing; usually via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our cancellation policy for further information.
Yes we can provide Z Beds (camp beds) at £25 and cots at £15 per night.
Builth Wells is the nearest town, just 7 miles away; 10-15 minutes by car.
The Spa is open from 8.00am until 6.00pm daily. Treatments are available from 9.00am until 5pm each day.
To avoid disappointment, we recommend spa treatments are booked in advance. There is the possibility the Spa has a cancellation and you may then be able to book a treatment when you arrive.
No, these spa treatments will not be confirmed as they are only requests. Reservations will receive the booking and pass the requests on to the Spa team, who will then contact you directly.
We have a 15m indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, well equipped gym, health and beauty treatments and a coffee shop.
Our Chefs are happy to cater for all diets and allergies including vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free etc. Please let reservations know at the time of booking.
We serve Welsh breakfast between 8.00am and 10.00am 7 days a week.
We serve dinner between 7.00pm and 9.00pm 7 days a week. We also serve High Tea for little ones under 8 years, not permitted at Dinner.
We can hold up to 100 for the Wedding Ceremony; 150 for the Wedding Breakfast and 200 for the Evening Reception.
Please discuss your requirements with one of our wedding coordinators.
Please note: We absolutely adore weddings but, in consideration of other guests, for large gatherings we offer exclusive hire only, and will be delighted to quote for your wedding party or special event on this private basis. Small events can, of course, be accommodated in any of our Function Suites.
Yes we certainly do! Please call us on: 01591 620202; send us an e-mail, or simply fill out our online form on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Yes, we have several rooms which can be used for conferences and we also offer overnight accommodation. Please speak to one of our conference coordinators for more information.
We most certainly do, and they prove very popular too! We sell gift vouchers for almost anything from:
… and you can purchase these gift vouchers online too – simply click the button here and follow each simple step; it’s as simple as that! You may also, of course, purchase gift vouchers by telephone or e-mail.
Most vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue, but please check the small print on you voucher, just to be sure!
All vouchers must be used by the expiry date or they will be forfeited, if you’re not sure when your voucher expires, please give us a call on: 01591 620202