Our Covid-Safe Procedures & FAQs
We're back soon...
We are delighted to announce that we are now open to guests. Our bookings team are available between 7.30am-9pm each day. We look forward to hearing from you.
We are able to provide massage and the swimming pool will open from the 10th of August. We are awaiting confirmation of when we are able to re-open the other spa facilities. We will be closely monitoring Government guidelines and will keep you updated.
Covid-Secure Operating Plan
The below plan in a working document and is likely subject to change. The plan below outlines details of how we intend to operate when all facilities are open at the hotel.
We have considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, maintaining the values of the hotel and providing the highest level of hospitality and service.
1: Pre- Arrival
2: Arrival and Check-In
3: Common Areas
4: Bedrooms and Bathrooms
5: Food And Drink
6. Spa and Leisure Facilities
8: Staff Training, Hygiene and Protection
You can book your stay online at www.lakecountryhouse.co.uk or by calling our reservations team on 01591620202. Up to date opening times can be found at the top of this page.
For your peace of mind prior to your stay, the following procedures are in place:
• Our Covid-19 secure plan will be updated in accordance with any further government guidance.
• Customers may receive a pre arrival email with up to date and relevant information about their stay.
• We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include, but are not limited to, a high temperature, a new and persistent cough, loss of taste and smell.
• We are now taking 50% deposits, £25 of which is non refundable. The remaining deposit is refundable up to 48h prior to arrival.
2. Arrival and Check In
• If you are displaying any symptoms of covid-19 please do not enter the hotel.
• Check in is from 3pm. Early check in and late check out are not available.
• On arrival please enter the building via the main entrance to check in, please respect others if there is a que.
• Guests will be expected to socially distance.
• There are hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel and next to the front door. We encourage guests to sanitise before entering the hotel.
• If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, please dial 0 from the hotel phone.
• Staff will work in small teams during the day to minimise contact and protect both guests and staff. We will endeavour to deliver the great service the Lake has become known for but please bear with us if we are dealing with other guests.
3. Common Areas
• All high contact areas including door handles, banisters and equipment will be disinfected regularly. All hard services such as tables will be disinfected after each use and a full disinfection will take place once per day
• Hand sanitiser is available around the hotel for you to use as often as you would like.
• We ask guests to use the bathroom in their room whenever possible
• Please keep a social distance of 2 metres between yourself and other guests where possible.
• Any magazines, papers or literature will be removed from common areas and bedrooms
4. Bedrooms and Bathrooms
• Every guest bedroom and En-suite will be cleaned and fully sanitised before each stay.
• Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows carpets, chairs and other furniture will be sprayed with an approved sanitising solution
• Linen, towels and robes are professionally washed.
• All printed material will be removed from the room.
• Our housekeeping team undergo a strict sanitisation process to commencing work. Only one staff member will be permitted to clean your room prior to your arrival and once it has been sterilised the room won’t be entered until your arrival.
• Turn Down Service is no longer taking place.
• If you do not wish for makeup service to be done please let us know and contact us if you require anything refreshed?
5. Food and drink
• When staying with us you can dine in your room (room service charge to waved until December), or where guidance and regulations permit, in the designated dining areas.
• Evening dining times will be agreed with you on check in or prior to arrival.
• Service times may vary. (Dinner served at 6.30 to make the most of outside dinning and the amazing Welsh weather)
• Social distancing guidelines will be maintained in our restaurants and public areas. Other measures such as masks (by staff), not facing each other and ventilation will be applied when under 2m.
• Tables will be laid up before service where possible
• Breakfast buffet will be served at the table. If possible we may ask to take your order the day before so we can prepare the table in advance for you.
• Number of people and/or households permitted will be guided by Government guidance on groups and households.
• Front of house staff who are not able to maintain social distancing will where face masks at appropriate times.
• Non Residents are able to walk in but we request that you book where possible. In the unlikley event that we are unable to accomodate you as a non resident request your undertsanding and recomend calling in advance.
6. Spa and Leisure Facilities
• A restricted number of massage treatments are available at the spa, this is set to increase over time. We are currently unable to offer facial treatments
• Spa therapists will wear either a visor or mask during your treatment and masks are availble should you wish to wear one
• All bed linnen will be washed after every use
• The bed will be cleaned with a virucidal cleaner after every use
• As with the rest of the hotel you will be expected to socially distance where possible and wash your hands or sanitise before and after the treatment
• 30 Minute slots for use of the pool will be available for booking from 7.30am to 5.30pm. This does not include changing time.
• Where possible all guests at the hotel should change and shower in their room and come down to the spa in the robe provided.
• Limits on people in changing rooms. 1 household/person in gents, 2 poeple in ladies
• The pool will be devided into two sections to assist you with social distancing
• A maximum of 4 poeple will be able to use the pool at the same time
• The sauna, steam room, hot tub and gym remain closed. We are awaiting Government Guidance on when we will be able to re-open these facilities. We will update you when we have more information.
• You bill will be placed under your door first thing on the day of your departure.
• We will only be accepting card payments
• For a contact free check out, please call reception to confirm payment and they will charge your card
8. Staff training, hygiene and protection
• All staff have undergone training on the risks associated with COVID-19, the way it is transmitted and what can be done at the hotel to limit the spread.
• Staff temperatures will be taken and recorded at the beginning of each shift.
• We will strictly follow the guidelines set out by the government should any staff member become ill with suspected COVID-19. Isolation for 14 days.
• Our team already adhere to the strictest levels of hygiene and cleanliness. They will be asked to think about everything they do, encourage to question, and check each other to reduce the level of risk as far as possible.
Unfortunately, the spa will remain closed until further notice. We are yet to receive any indication from the government of when the facilities can reopen.
The hotel will be opening on the 27th of July for self-contained accommodation in our Lodge building only. This will be with Room Service Breakfast and Dinner or dining in outside areas. We will also be available for drinks and sandwich lunches if required. The restaurant will be opening from the 3rd of August.
We are able to take bookings for non-residents from the 3rd of August, prior booking is essential.
This is no problem, however we are only able to serve food or drinks in our outside areas for the time being (patio and veranda). We require prior notice for all non-residents, walk ins will not be accepted.
We are currently not taking any group bookings of more than 6 adults. This is because of social distancing in our restaurant and lounges.
All vouchers made with the hotel which have an expiry date between 15th of March 2020 – 31st of December 2020 have been extended to 30th of June 2021. This will ensure you have plenty of time to use it.
We are currently not taking any deposits for bookings made until the 20th of December 2020. We understand this is difficult for our customers during the uncertainty of Covid-19 (whether you have symptoms or are in a local lockdown. Etc.). We will require card details on booking and this will be checked upon arrival and charged on day of departure.
Our Covid-19 procedures are available to view here and will be sent to all customers booked to stay prior to arrival.
We are unable to offer any early check ins or late departures. This is to ensure our housekeeping team have the optimal time available to keep our hygiene standards at the highest rate possible.
Yes, we have dog friendly rooms and areas in the hotel. There is a small charge of £15 per dog per night.
Our dress code is smart casual. We ask no shorts or trainers.
Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted in our spa or dining room for evening meal. Children between the ages of 8 and 16 years are permitted to swim between 4pm and 5pm daily.
Dinner is served from 7.00pm to 9.00pm daily. We automatically reserve a table for you. We ask that you let us know if you will not be eating with us.
Check-in is from 3.00pm onwards and check-out is by 11.00am.
This is possible, but cannot be guaranteed. If the room is available before 2.00pm, we will show you to your room.
Yes, however it must be arranged during your stay and discussed with reception, as it may not be possible. There is a £50 late check-out fee.
We welcome guests all year round, but we offer some very special packages during Christmas and New Year and will be delighted to welcome you then. Please contact us for further information.
Onsite, we have a par 3; 9-hole golf course, putting green, croquet lawn, tennis court, fabulous full size snooker table and an award winning restaurant.
Please confirm any cancellations in writing; usually via e-mail to: email@example.com
Please see our cancellation policy for further information.
Yes we can provide Z Beds (camp beds) at £25 and cots at £15 per night.
Builth Wells is the nearest town, just 7 miles away; 10-15 minutes by car.
The Spa is open from 8.00am until 8.00pm daily. Treatments are available from 9.00am until 6pm each day.
To avoid disappointment, we recommend spa treatments are booked in advance. There is the possibility the Spa has a cancellation and you may then be able to book a treatment when you arrive.
No, these spa treatments will not be confirmed as they are only requests. Reservations will receive the booking and pass the requests on to the Spa team, who will then contact you directly.
We have a 15m indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, well equipped gym, health and beauty treatments and a coffee shop.
Our Chefs are happy to cater for all diets and allergies including vegetarians, gluten free, dairy free etc. Please let reservations know at the time of booking.
We serve Welsh breakfast between 8.00am and 10.00am 7 days a week.
We serve dinner between 7.00pm and 9.00pm 7 days a week. We also serve High Tea for little ones under 8 years, not permitted at Dinner.
We can hold up to 100 for the Wedding Ceremony; 150 for the Wedding Breakfast and 200 for the Evening Reception.
Please discuss your requirements with one of our wedding coordinators.
Please note: We absolutely adore weddings but, in consideration of other guests, for large gatherings we offer exclusive hire only, and will be delighted to quote for your wedding party or special event on this private basis. Small events can, of course, be accommodated in any of our Function Suites.
Yes we certainly do! Please call us on: 01591 620202; send us an e-mail, or simply fill out our online form on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Yes, we have several rooms which can be used for conferences and we also offer overnight accommodation. Please speak to one of our conference coordinators for more information.
We most certainly do, and they prove very popular too! We sell gift vouchers for almost anything from:
… and you can purchase these gift vouchers online too – simply click the button here and follow each simple step; it’s as simple as that! You may also, of course, purchase gift vouchers by telephone or e-mail.
Most vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue, but please check the small print on you voucher, just to be sure!
All vouchers must be used by the expiry date or they will be forfeited, if you’re not sure when your voucher expires, please give us a call on: 01591 620202