with Citrus Praline Sorbet, Chocolate Oil and Caramelised
Chestnut Parfait Recipe
225g Sweet Chestnut Puree
225g Unsweetened Chestnut Puree
37g Dark Rum
12 Egg Yolks
150g Double Cream
Bring the sugar and water to the boil and cook until the sugar reaches soft ball stage.
In a bowl whisk the yolks adding the sugar syrup slowly. Whisk on full power until cold.
Combine the two types of chestnut puree with the rum.
Semi-whip the double cream.
Fold the cream into the chestnut mix and carefully fold in the egg sabayon.
Pour in lined moulds and freeze for at least 6 hours. Preferably the day before they’re needed is best.
180g granulated sugar
80g orange juice
100g lemon juice
180g praline paste
- Combine first measurement of sugar and stabilizer.
- Heat water to 50ºC. Whisk in sugar and glucose and bring to a boil for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Allow the syrup to cool.
- Combine syrup with the passed orange and lemon juices, praline paste; churn in an ice cream maker.
100g Dark Chocolate
4 Heaped tsp cocoa powder
4 tsp Olive Oil
80ml Peanut oil
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and place over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted, mix well.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle and keep warm, do not refrigerate.
4-5 Pecans each
½ Lemon Juice/glucose
- Boil the sugar, water and lemon juice to caramel
- Lightly toast the Pecans.
- Drop the pecans into the Caramel.
- With a pair of tongs of tweezers pull out the pecans and place onto lightly greased plate, silicone mat (preferable) or baking parchment.
- Once cold store in an air tight container.